Cost Effective SAAS Option for Dictation
Organizations large and small are migrating to the on-demand model for business applications. On-demand, commonly called Software as a Service (SaaS) is the answer to many of the IT headaches associated with the traditional on-site software model. With no software or servers to buy, install, maintain, or upgrade, the popularity of on-demand grows with IT organizations that are increasingly asked to do more with less.
Traditional software applications are installed seperate at each customer site on their own servers. Each customer is responsible for maintaining the infrastructure the software requires to operate. With the OnDemand model, software and servers are managed by the software vendor. All upgrades to the software and the servers are performed automatically by the vendor freeing internal resources to focus on core business activities.
Winscribe has developed Winscribe OnDemand, an SaaS option for our industry leading digital dictation and workflow system. With Winscribe OnDemand, you can rapidly improve business performance through a Software as Service (SaaS) model that eliminates capital expenditure for software and servers, reduces IT resource needs, and accelerates deployments. The benefits of Winscribe OnDemand include:
- Start Immediately
Faster implementation and Deployment
- Reduced Cost of Ownership
Fewer resources, no software updates or server maintenance
- Improved Security and Performance
Enterprise caliber secure data center
- Better Service Delivery
Pay as you grow with a predictable annual fee
- Reduced Upfront and On-going Costs
No servers or software to buy
World Class Security
Winscribe OnDemand Security is a powerful, fully integrated portfolio of services, managed applications and best practises - all designed to ensure the highest levels of productivity and security for your business.
Winscribe OnDemand covers all three critical security areas: physical security; operations security; and system security. Physical security includes locking down and logging all physical access to servers at our data center. Operational security involves creating business processes that follow security best practises to limit access to confidential information and maintain tight security over time.
System Security involves locking down application systems from the inside, starting with hardened operating systems and up-to-date patching. Winscribe OnDemand supports a full range of dictation hardware.
IISO17799-based policies and procedures, regularly reviewed as pare of our SAS70 Type II audit process:
- All data center employees trained on documented information security and privacy procedures
- Access to confidential information restricted to authorized personnel only, according to documented processes
- Systems access logged and tracked for auditing purposes
- Secure document-destruction policies for all sensitive information
- Fully documented change-management procedures
- Independently audited disaster recovery and business continuity plans in place
Operational Security - Application Environment
- Best practises used in the random generation of initial passwords
- All passwords encrypted during transmission and while in storage
- Secure media handling and destruction procedures for all application data
Easy Set-Up and Administration
Winscribe OnDemand offers silent installs - with programmable MSI packets as well as Web download installations. Its web based administration program enables managers to access the product from any location anywhere in the world, offering increased flexibility for an enhanced service anywhere at anytime with a very low cost of ownership.
Download Winscribe OnDemand brochure